Kids Summer Lunch Program
Summer should be a stress-free time for parents and kids. Let HRDC’s Summer Meal Program help. The Summer Meals Program is available all summer long, Monday-Friday at various times around the lunch hour!
Our LUNCH program is open to ALL kids and teens 18 and under. FREE, healthy meals are available at sites across the Gallatin Valley. We offer a safe, supervised location where your kids and teens can stay active and spend time with friends while enjoying healthy meals.
Meals served are tasty, follow USDA nutrition guidelines, and help ALL families save money. There is no application to fill out or proof of income needed. Just show up and enjoy a meal.
Please join us at one of our following meal sites or text “food” to 877 877 for a site near you.
Meal sites begin Monday, June 14th
- Beall Park– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:15 – 12:15 pm – Served next to the pavilion on the corner of East Villard and North Bozeman. (415 North Bozeman)
- Bozeman Public Library – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm– Served by the main entrance at the top of the front circle. (626 East Main)
- Cowdrey Corner–[Distribution at Wagon Wheel Trailor Park office from 11:40-11:55] Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served by the benches at the green space on the NW corner of S. 2oth & Dickerson.
- Gallatin Valley Food Bank – Lunch pick up Monday-Friday from 1:00-4:00 pm. – Available during food box distribution.
- Irving School – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served by the school’s main entrance on West Alderson just west of the garden beds near the playground. (611 South 8th)
- Kirk Park– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:30-12:30 pm– Served under the trees next to the Beall St parking lot. (2000 West Beall)
- MSU Family and Graduate Housing – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served at the playground on the corner of w. Garfield and Paisley Court.
- Story Mill Park – Lunch served Monday- Friday from 12-1. Served under the pavilion in front (just south) of the Learning Garden garden.
- Walton Homestead Park– Lunch served Monday-Friday from 12-1. Served next to the playground just south of the scrubby’s car wash on the corner of 15th and Juniper.
The following areas have Free Summer Meals available as well.
- Belgrade School District has Breakfast & Lunch available for pick up at Ridge View Elementary and Belgrade High School. Please sign up for meals in advance whenever possible:, more info here: https://www.bsd44.org/Content2/summer-food-program
- Belgrade Supper: Join the Mighty Spork food truck for free kids meals and Pay-What-You-Can Suppers on Tuesday or Thursday from 5:30-6:30 pm. Lewis and Clark Park Tuesday Evenings from 5:30-6:30 beginning June 22nd through August 24th. River Rock Pond (near Ridge View school) Thursday Evenings from 5:30-6:30 Beginning June 24th through August 19th. Not Operating July 8th
- Big Sky Community Food Bank will have meals available for eating at camp or home, see this FLIER for more info.
- Livingston has free lunches available 6/14 thru 6/30 and 7/7 thru 8/6. Site locations and meal times are available on their flier HERE
- Three Forks Summer Lunches will begin Monday, June 7th serving both breakfast and lunch (combined) sacks for children 0-18 out of the school cafeteria doors from 12-1 pm Monday-Friday. Check out the Three Forks Lunch Ladies Facebook page for a menu each week!
Join our Team
Summer Lunch could not operate without a a dedicated team of volunteers. Volunteers help with food prep and serve lunches to kiddos at meals sites.
If you would like to volunteer for Summer Lunch please make an account with our online volunteer platform HERE look for the teal “sign up” button located in the top right corner.
All volunteers must complete the 1 hour volunteer training done on Zoom. You may register for a training HERE.
The HRDC Summer Lunch Program is a rewarding internship and AmeriCorps opportunity. These positions involve food preparations for summer meals sites, delivering/serving and supervising meal distribution and supporting volunteers in a variety of tasks. Fast-paced and fun environment involves a good chunk of time on your feet. Summer lunch works as a team with a mix of volunteers, interns, AmeriCorps VISTA’s and Fork & Spoon staff in a kitchen environment and outdoors for meal service.
Summer Lunch provides nutritionally-balanced meals to local children during the summer months at 9 meals sites across Bozeman. Serving approximately 450-500 children per day. We are a fun, fast paced and team oriented.
To get involved with an internship, AmeriCorps opportunity or a staff position please contact Lyra Leigh-Nedbor at email@example.com or by phone at 406-586-7600.
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) runs throughout the summer months providing FREE meals to all kids and teen 18 and under; Gallatin Valley Food Bank is the local sponsor for the Montana Office of Public Instruction to provide this program in Gallatin County.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
The Summer Meals Program is brought to you by HRDC