Summer should be a stress-free time for parents and kids. Let our Summer Meal Program help. The Summer Meals Program is available all summer long, M-F from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm*!
Our LUNCH program is open to ALL kids and teens 18 and under. FREE, healthy meals are available at meal sites across the Gallatin Valley. We offer a safe, supervised location where your kids and teens can stay active and spend time with friends while enjoying healthy meals.
Meals served are tasty, follow USDA nutrition guidelines, and help ALL families save money. There are no applications to fill out or proof of income. Just show up and enjoy a meal.
Want to know what we’re serving?
Please join us at one of our following meal sites or text “food” to 877 877 for a site near you.
Summer Lunch 2019 will run June 10th through August 23rd in Belgrade and through August 30th in Bozeman at the Following Sites:
- Beall Park– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:15 – 12:15 pm – Served next to the pavilion on the corner of East Villard and North Bozeman. (415 North Bozeman)
- Bozeman Public Library – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm– Served by the main entrance at the top of the front circle. (626 East Main)
- Irving School – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served by the school’s main entrance on West Alderson just west of the garden beds near the playground. (611 South 8th)
- Kirk Park– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:30-12:30 pm– Served under the trees next to the Beall St parking lot. (2000 West Beall)
- MSU Family and Graduate Housing – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served on the playground in front of the SOB Barn. (1400 West Garfield)
- Kathy Park, Belgrade – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served by the gate next to the park entrance off Circle drive (Circle Drive, off of Mayfair behind Saddle Peak Elementary).
- Lewis & Clark Park, Belgrade– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:00 – 12:00 pm– Served by the pavilion on the corner of North Davis and East Central. (204 East Central)
- Stevenson Park, Three Forks– Lunch Served Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 11:30-12:15 pm – Served near the Pavilion by the corner of East Fir and Third Ave. (East Fir)
Join our Team
While feeding children is the top priority of the Summer Meal Program, programming and activities are what keeps children coming back. This takes volunteers–and lots of them–throughout June, July, and August. Volunteers can help with basics like transporting food, meal service at sites, food prep/production or hosting activities.
If you would like to volunteer for Summer Lunch please make an account with our online volunteer platform HERE look for the “sign up” button located at the top right corner.
The HRDC Summer Lunch Program is a rewarding internship opportunity that involves preparing meals for summer meals sites, delivering/serving and supervising meals at site locations and supporting volunteers in a variety of tasks. Fast-paced and fun environment involves a good chunk of time on your feet. Summer lunch interns will work alongside volunteers, interns, AmeriCorps VISTA’s and Community Café staff in a kitchen environment as well as outdoors for meal service
Summer Lunch provides nutritionally-balanced meals to local children during the summer months at 11 meals sites across the valley. Serving approximately 450-500 children per day.
To get involved with an internship or volunteer opportunity please contact Lyra Leigh-Nedbor at email@example.com or by phone at 406-586-7600.
Each summer we hire 2-3 AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates. We have filled these roles for 2019, please check back for VISTA needs in the future.
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) runs throughout the summer months providing FREE meals to all kids and teen 18 and under; The Gallatin Valley Food Bank is the local sponsor for the Montana Office of Public Instruction to provide this program in Gallatin County.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
The Summer Meals Program is brought to you by HRDC