Summer Lunch Program
No Summer Lunch Meal
Service on Friday July 3rd
We will resume lunch service on Monday July 6th
Are you interested in volunteering with Summer Lunch in 2020?
Opportunities are fun and family friendly, sign up to be notified when we begin posting opportunities HERE
Summer should be a stress-free time for parents and kids. Let our Summer Meal Program help. The Summer Meals Program is available all summer long, Monday-Friday at various times around the lunch hour!
Our LUNCH program is open to ALL kids and teens 18 and under. FREE, healthy meals are available at sites across the Gallatin Valley. We offer a safe, supervised location where your kids and teens can stay active and spend time with friends while enjoying healthy meals.
Meals served are tasty, follow USDA nutrition guidelines, and help ALL families save money. There is no application to fill out or proof of income needed. Just show up and enjoy a meal.
Please join us at one of our following meal sites or text “food” to 877 877 for a site near you.
Site Information 2020
*All sites begin June 15th unless otherwise noted*
New for 2020–
-Meals will be grab and go sack breakfast and lunch at all locations.
-Parents and guardians may pick up meals on behalf of their children at all locations.
- Beall Park– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:15 – 12:15 pm – Served next to the pavilion on the corner of East Villard and North Bozeman. (415 North Bozeman)
- Bozeman High School– Lunch served Monday to Friday from 12-1pm. Served in the front circle off of Main st.
- Bozeman Public Library – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm– Served by the main entrance at the top of the front circle. (626 East Main)
- Gallatin Valley Food Bank – Lunch pick up Monday-Friday from 1-4pm. – Distributed with food box drive through.
- Irving School – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – Served by the school’s main entrance on West Alderson just west of the garden beds near the playground. (611 South 8th)
- Kirk Park– Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:30-12:30 pm– Served under the trees next to the Beall St parking lot. (2000 West Beall)
- MSU Family and Graduate Housing – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm – NEW LOCATION for 2020 Served at the playground on the corner of w. Garfield and Paisley Court.
- Stoy Mill Park – Lunch served Monday- Friday from 12-1. Served under the pavilion in front (just south) of the Learning Garden garden.
- Walton Homestead Park– Lunch served Monday-Friday from 12-1. Served next o the playground just south of the scrubby’s car wash on the corner of 15th and Juniper.
- Three Forks School, Three Forks– Begins June 1st- Lunch Served Monday- Friday 12:00-1:00 pm
- West Yellowstone School, West Yellowstone, – Begins June 1st- Two days worth of Grab and Go meals (Breakfast and Lunch) are provided Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:30-12:30.
Belgrade meal sites will now be operated by the Belgrade School District. Start Date: June 8, 2020View sites and info here: Belgrade SFSP 2020 Flyer
For more information contact Lyra at email@example.com with questions, suggestions, or feedback!
Join our Team
While feeding children is the top priority of the Summer Meal Program, programming and activities are what keeps children coming back. This takes volunteers–and lots of them–throughout June, July, and August. Volunteers can help with basics like transporting food, meal service at sites, food prep/production or hosting activities.
If you would like to volunteer for Summer Lunch please make an account with our online volunteer platform HERE look for the “sign up” button located in the top right corner.
The HRDC Summer Lunch Program is a rewarding internship opportunity that involves preparing meals for summer meals sites, delivering/serving and supervising meals at site locations and supporting volunteers in a variety of tasks. Fast-paced and fun environment involves a good chunk of time on your feet. Summer lunch interns will work alongside volunteers, interns, AmeriCorps VISTA’s and Community Café staff in a kitchen environment as well as outdoors for meal service
Summer Lunch provides nutritionally-balanced meals to local children during the summer months at 11 meals sites across the valley. Serving approximately 450-500 children per day.
To get involved with an internship or volunteer opportunity please contact Lyra Leigh-Nedbor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 406-586-7600.
Each summer we hire 2-3 AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates. We will begin hiring for our VISTA Summer Associates in late March 2020.
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) runs throughout the summer months providing FREE meals to all kids and teen 18 and under; The Gallatin Valley Food Bank is the local sponsor for the Montana Office of Public Instruction to provide this program in Gallatin County.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
The Summer Meals Program is brought to you by HRDC