Can the Griz 2019
This year marks the 20th year of the Can the Griz Food Drive. This food drive is a friendly, off-field competition between Montana State University and the University of Montana to see which school can collect the most donations for their local food bank. The competition begins Saturday, November 9th and ends November 23rd, at the end of the first quarter of the Brawl of the Wild football game between MSU and UM. The winner of the competition will be announced later that day. Can the Griz proceeds go to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank and benefits Bounty of the Bridgers: A Food Resource Council at MSU. The Bobcats have successfully canned the Griz 16 of 19 years!
Last year, MSU and the Bozeman community donated a record 263,263 pounds of food plus $185,457 to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. The University of Montana and Missoula community also raised a record amount for the Missoula community’s local food bank. Donations from UM and the Missoula community had a grand total of 404,897 (pounds and money). We challenge the Bozeman community to help us beat the Griz this year!
- Please bring nonperishable food donations to collection locations throughout Bozeman to support those in need in Gallatin County. A list of participating locations can be found HERE!
- Monetary donations may be made directly to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. Each dollar donated counts as 1 pound of food!
- Bring your cans to the Cat/Griz football game on November 23rd. Collection bins will be located at the XL Country and Ressler tailgates.
- Bring your cans to the MSU Men’s basketball game on November 9th and receive $5 admission. Collection bins will be located at game entrances.
- Bring your cans to the MSU Women’s basketball game on November 11th and receive $5 admission. Collection bins will be located at game entrances.
- Bring your cans to the volleyball game on November 14th and 16th and receive $5 admission. Collection bins will be located at game entrances.
- Bobcat supporters can designate their contribution to MSU by telling the Gallatin Valley Food Bank or collection location host that their donation is for the Can the Griz food drive.
For more information, or to host a collection box, please contact the MSU Office of Student Engagement at 994-2933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.